1. Coffee: That wonderful, yummy cup in the morning just makes me smile. There’s really not a better way to start the day. Bonus if I can make it before Lexie gets up!
2. Water: Seriously, Coffee may start my day but I’ve learned that to fuel my body (from the kidney stones to the sciatic and now recovery and breastfeeding) I need 100oz, if I’m under 30 by midway though the day or 5o by days end I can feel it.
3. Lansinoh Lanolin Cream: This stuff is a nursing mom’s dream (and a pumping mom’s too!)
4. My iPhone: I’ll be the first to admit I’m an iPhone addict! Wither I’m tracking diapers and feedings with Sprout + Baby, reading blogs on Bloglovin’, listening to a book on Audible, scanning Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, taking pictures of even playing a game on Jigsawed or Words with Friends; they make the nursing sessions much better…especially during growth-spurts!
5. Support: I couldn’t have made it those first few days breastfeeding Lexie without my amazing Hubs, Mom and MIL and while this time is different the need for support is the same. I laugh that the first week home from the hospital is kinda of a momcation; you stay on the couch for most of it and everyone else waits on you. But seriously without my Husband (specially) and my Mom and MIL I wouldn’t be able to stay sane, they cook, clean, shop and make sure I take care of me.
This time around it’s more them sidetracking Lexie and keeping her busy and making sure she’s getting attention while I recover and relearn how to multitask while breastfeeding.
Bonus: a snuggly baby!
What are your mom essentials?